2.21.2007

Don't Be A Dummy

So years ago I remember watching the Smurfs, Snorks and Ewoks on Saturday morning cartoons. They are all images embedded for life in my brain. What I didn't realize until I went looking for Cause/Effect campaigns with a call to action, is that those Saturday morning cartoons were rife with public service announcements that were equally memorable! Who (born before 1985) can forget the "You could learn a lot from a dummy" ads featuring Vince and Larry, the walking and talking crash test dummies who never wore their seatbelts?

Turns out, they have only recently retired, after a long and prosperous career martyring themselves for our safety, selling toys whose main purpose is to crash, and gaining an interactive website. Now, the ad council has gotten more blatant in their message. Removing the candy-coated images and getting right to the point:

1 comment:

mcl said...

I remember those cartoons and the crash dummies! I wonder how effective the crash dummies campaign was.

Creative Commons License
This workis licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.